Hillside Community Church is an open, inclusive, and joy-filled neighborhood church located in Medford, MA. Our congregation is blessed to have a new and highly dedicated cohort of young families. As we now make plans to reopen after the pandemic, we are seeking a Sunday School Director who will help us build a vibrant Sunday morning experience for our church’s youth.
10 hrs/week for 10 months (Mid-June to Mid-August off).
Option to work from home with flextime.
Must work on site Sundays.
$12,320 - $14,080
The Sunday School Director will report to the Pastor
- Take primary leadership for planning and facilitating a Sunday morning experience for the church’s youth based using the Grow Curriculum
- Work with music staff to integrate children’s music into the curriculum
- Manage and support efforts of other teachers and volunteers
- Communicate with and disseminate necessary materials to teachers and volunteers midweek to prep them for Sunday mornings
- Organize an annual Sunday school registration process, keep attendance, and maintain an accurate database using Breeze (training available on job)
- Work with pastoral staff to organize special events, including the Christmas Pageant, Youth Sunday, and the Easter Egg Hunt
- Use the church’s various communication channels (social media, weekly e-newsletters, worship slides, posters) to announce Sunday School activities
- Review annual budget with the Pastor to discuss needs and requirements, as well as future goals, for the program
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in Christian education, and share insights with the pastoral staff
- Attend a weekly Zoom staff meeting (~45 minutes, timing to be worked out in conjunction with staff availability)
Other pastoral opportunities
For candidates who are ordained or seeking ordination, this position may offer opportunities for preaching, the administration of the sacraments, and providing pastoral support to the congregation as appropriate.
The ideal candidate is a spiritually mature person with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong creative streak. We seek someone who is invested in helping our youth cultivate their own faith, in fostering a safe and supportive community, and in helping youth explore how God is calling them to live out their faith in the wider world.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and related experience OR direct experience.
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith, and an ability to share that faith authentically in a way that encourages the faith of others.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the church’s mission.
- Experience in teaching, group facilitation, and/or youth ministry.
- Experience in administration and supervision.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs and social media platforms.
- Strong administrative, communication, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Academic training in education or theology.
- General marketing perspective that will assist with the continued growth and development of our educational programs.
- Experience in the church in either volunteer or professional position
How to Apply
Interested candidates can email a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org