Position Overview Harbor is seeking a Lead Pastor who will provide our growing, vibrant community, the necessary instruction and leadership to fulfill our vision and mission in greater Lowell and beyond. Responsibilities The Lead Pastor provides leadership and supervision for implementing Harbor of Hope’s vision through the various ministries of the church. The Lead Pastor is responsible for cultivating a healthy, team-based environment where all staff members and volunteers can thrive. In concert with the elders, the Lead Pastor is responsible for directing, developing and coaching staff members to enable their growth in support of Harbor’s vision.
1. Be the primary voice and guardian for the vision and mission God has entrusted to Harbor
2. Lead the elders, staff and ministry directors to develop and implement plans to carry out the Harbor’s mission and vision
3. Provide overall leadership and accountability for the paid staff of Harbor, including recruitment, hiring, development and termination
4. Serve as the lead and primary preacher/teacher for Harbor of Hope’s worship gatherings, which includes listening to God, developing a plan and schedule of gospel-centered messages that move the church forward on Harbor’s mission and vision
5. When needed, provide biblical counsel to members and friends of the church on how to live biblically faithful lives.
6. Serve as an elder and participate in elder’s meetings.
7. Drive the communication and relational strategies of Harbor HARBOR OF HOPE CHRISTIAN CHURCH Lead Pastor Job Description
8. Guide the elder team and staff in spiritual growth consistent with Harbor’s essential beliefs (see http://www.harborofhope.org/beliefs/) 9. Serve as a leader by example in personal discipleship, stewardship, evangelism, and missions
- 7+ years of pastoral experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Experienced teacher/communicator
- Degree in Pastoral/Theological Studies or equivalent
• Proven Leader – demonstrate skills that carry out vision and strategies through others
• Excellent Communicator – verbal, written, interpersonal
• People Management and Staff Development – able to be a role model, goal setting, accountability, development, coach and counsel
• Ability to plan, organize, and follow through
• Financial Management
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send résumé, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org