JOB OVERVIEW: Offer communications support to RCCI with a focus on planning, developing, and distributing communications that build community and contribute to the dismantling of racism.
HOURS: Average of 16 hours / week, depending on deadlines.
COMMITMENT & TERMS: This is a temporary, 6-month position that has the possibility of turning into a permanent position.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The RCCI Communications Administrator will report to the Director of the Race and Christian Community Initiative and be responsible for the following duties:
- Plan, develop, and send RCCI’s newsletters and email blasts.
- Post on social media regarding the activities of RCCI, public service announcements, and in response to major current events.
- Conduct race-related research, process and document resources, and synthesize findings.
- Develop, post, and update educational materials for EGC’s resource page.
- Offer input on the vision, strategy, and policy around RCCI’s media engagement and communications.
- Complete other communication or administrative tasks as assigned.
- Familiarity with racial reconciliation, healing, and justice conversations, language, and resources
- Understanding of, experience in, and ability to effectively engage diverse Christian communities in Boston, across racial and denominational lines
- Ability to think deeply and communicate clearly and sensitively about complex concepts and dynamics
- Ability to create excellent communications that are aligned with RCCI’s vision, mission, values, postures and strategies
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to produce and distribute products within set deadlines
- Proficient in standard office applications (e.g. Microsoft office, Google suites)
- Experience in or willingness to learn communication and website platforms such as Squarespace, Constant Contact, and Grammarly
- College degree or commensurate experience
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Affirms EGC’s and RCCI’s vision, mission and values
- Sees contributing to the dismantling of racism as a part of God’s redemptive work, anti-racism education as a part of Christian discipleship and anti-racist action as an outworking of the Christian faith
- Takes the posture of a bridge-builder across racial lines
- Speaks truth in love
- Comfortable working independently while valuing collaboration
- Mature Christian faith
How to Apply
To apply, view the full job description at www.egc.org/race and submit a resume and cover letter to Megan Lietz at firstname.lastname@example.org and write “RCCI Communications Administrator” in the subject line. Submissions are due by Fri. Oct. 16th, 2020.