The Massachusetts Council of Churches exists to make the vibrant Church visible. We envision a Church reconciled to God and one another, for the sake of the world and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We seek an Administrator with demonstrated experience and skills in non-profit administration who desires to work with trusted colleagues and volunteers.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ensure adequate infrastructure for MCC office
- Provide staff support to Executive Director and Associate Director
- Maintain communication, including email, newsletter, web, and phone
- Work with the bookkeeper & Board Treasurer to establish and maintain financial processes and ensure timely reporting
- Record minutes during Board and committee meetings
- Staff fundraising efforts, including 2 annual appeals each year
- Administer donations, acknowledgements and maintain database records
- Provide logistical support for MCC events
- 2-3 years demonstrated skills in non-profit administration, social media, database management, and finances
- Competence in Microsoft Office, Zoom, WordPress, Google Drive/Documents; Experience with Quickbooks, Monday.com a plus
- Clear communicator over the phone, email, face-to-face, and video
- Attentive to details
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Thrives in collaborative working environment and diligence in working alone
- Able to work efficiently and flexibly, with multiple projects at once
- Committed to ecumenical and pastoral sensitivity, including confidentiality as needed
- Conviction in the ministry of reconciliation
The Massachusetts Council of Churches builds relationships in pursuit of full, visible Christian unity. To serve this mission well, we need diverse, skilled and flexible staff. MCC aims to be a just and joyful place to work, intentionally multi-cultural and flexible. The Administrator will work together with the other MCC staff in a highly collaborative team. The Administrator reports to the Associate Director, Rev. Kenneth Young. In turn, program staff will depend on the Administrator to be attentive to day-to-day operations.
This 20 hour a week, $25/hr job will be primarily based in our office at 138 Tremont Street, Boston MA. At this time, as we continue to live with COVID and maintain safety protocols, we anticipate the Administrator will need to be in the office at least two days a week to complete this position.
The MCC’s Core Values are Delight, Excellence, Diversity, Relationships and Gratitude. Optimal candidates for this position will delight in serving God and God’s people in pursuit of justice and a more equitable community. Successful employees will gain satisfaction from completing tasks and contributing to the team effort.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, including the names and phone numbers of two references, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review all applications on a rolling basis.