The Lutheran Church of the Newtons (LCN) is seeking a 3/4 time Parish Administrator to manage the church office and oversee daily operations. The Parish Administrator plays a vital part in extending our welcome into the community, and so the ideal candidate will have strong relational capacities. The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to plan and organize work with little supervision. Responsibilities include creating the weekly worship bulletins, coordinating volunteer schedules, managing building use and needs, and providing administrative support to the Pastor, staff, Church Council, and committee members.
The Parish Administrator reports directly to the Pastor with support from the Mutual Ministry Committee. This is a part-time position (@25-30 hours/week) that requires regular office hours, with some flexibility for setting individual schedules. The Parish Administrator must undergo a CORI/background check, and also complete the ELCA Safe Church training as soon as possible after their start date.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, plus minimum of three years of administrative office experience, preferably in a religious or other nonprofit voluntary organization.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably use Mac Platform and Operating System, MS office suite, as well as other applications such as Editing and Presentation software. Experience with Constant Contact and/or a web page development program such as WordPress are a plus.
- Successfully demonstrated ability to work independently and with small teams (i.e. the Pastor, Music Director, MMC, Parish Nurse and Council President).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to take initiative and follow through on requests.
- Prior experience working in a church or other religious organization is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion and tact required. Signature on a confidentiality statement will be required.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Pastor Kari Jo Verhulst
Lutheran Church of the Newtons
1310 Centre Street
Newton Centre, MA 02459